It is necessary to have expectations in the classroom in order for maximum learning to take place. All rules found in the student handbook apply to this classroom. Basic guidelines for success....:)
1. Be in their chairs when the bell rings with supplies ready to begin work. The tardy policy is outlined in the student handbook.
2. Remain seated and in the room at all times to ensure learning will take place.
3. No games, internet usage, or emailing without teacher consent.
4. Extend proper courtesy and respect to teachers and class members.
5. Take proper care of materials and equipment as well as refraining from eating in the classroom.
6. No changing of computer settings (including display, wallpaper, and screensavers).
7. No visiting websites except those specified by the teacher.
If a student breaks one of the classroom rules, consequences will be administered in the following order:
1. A warning will be given to the student by speaking to him or her.
2. The student will be assigned 30 minutes of detention and a parent call.
3. The students will be referred to the principal. Students who cause severe disturbances will be immediately sent to the principal for disciplinary action.
Each student will have a student email account set up for them by PISD. Students should not expect email accounts to be private. Students are responsible for anything typed in their
account . . . even from their home computer since these accounts are filtered. Students are also responsible for keeping their email passwords private so only they can log-on to their email account.