2012 - 2013
Mrs. Haddon’s 8th Grade U.S.History Classroom Procedures and Routines
· General Information
- Follow Mrs. Haddon’s Expectations for Success.
· Entering the classroom
- Enter quietly and quickly find your assigned seat.
- Bring notebooks and workbooks to every class.
- Copy homework assignment off the board.
- Begin bell ringer assignment listed on the board.
- If absent the previous day ask if you have an assignment to make up.
· Receiving instruction
- Sit in your chair and listen quietly as I give instruction.
- Do not ask questions until I have finished giving instructions.
- If you have a question please raise your hand and wait to be called upon.
- Do not speak, sharpen pencil, or move from your chair while I give instruction.
· Handing in homework and paperwork
- Be ready to turn in homework immediately after the bell rings when I ask for it. Each student will pass his or her homework to the person in front of them.
- Your name, assignment name, period number, and date should be on the top of paper.
- All homework is due on the due date. No late work will be accepted. The only exception for late work is if a student has an excused absence the date the assignment was made. This student will have an additional day for each day absent to turn in the assignment.
· Getting ready to leave for the day.
- Begin preparing to leave only when I instruct you to do so.
- Place desks and chairs back into beginning of class arrangement.
- Make sure you have copied the homework assignment from the board. If you have any questions regarding the assignment this is the time to ask.
- Quietly clear off desk and pack backpacks and book bags.
- Remain seated unless you have a reason to be up.
- Leave classroom only after I dismiss you.
- All grading will be done in a timely manner and returned promptly.
- I do not allow test corrections or nor do I give extra credit work.
- The key to success is to do your homework and turn it in when it is due.
REMEMBER THE MORE WORK ACCOMPLISHED IN CLASSMEANS LESS HOMEWORK!