Mrs. Akins – 7th grade Science Class
Conference Time: 1st period (8:00-8:45 am)
Classroom Rules & Expectations
- Follow all rules as stated in the student handbook.
- Bring all materials to class every day.
- Be respectful to me and to your fellow classmates.
- Class begins when the bell rings. In order to avoid being counted tardy, you need to be in your assigned seat and doing the warm-up activity.
- Use appropriate language in both speaking and writing.
- Be courteous and cooperative at all times.
- Follow all lab safety rules.
- Academic Grades Citizenship Grades
- A 90 – 100 E – Excellent
- B 80 – 89 S – Satisfactory
- C 70 – 79 N – Needs Improvement
- F below 70 U – Unsatisfactory
- Nine week grading periods are determined by the following calculations:
- 60% Formative - Daily work, Homework, and Labs
- 30% Summative - Tests, Quizzes
- 10% Cumulative - 9 week test
Late Work Policy
Late work will be graded with a 10 point deduction for each day, up to a maximum of three days resulting in a 70. Late work will only be accepted up to 5 days after the due date.
Tutorial Times: Monday & Wednesday from after school to 4:10 pm