Flu activity often begins to increase in October, usually peaks between December and February and can last through May.
Preventing seasonal Flu
- Get vaccinated. Everyone 6 months of age and older should receive a flu vaccine every season.
- Avoid close contact.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
Information on where you can get a flu shot: