2020-2021 Returning Student Registration
Students who were enrolled in Ponder ISD through the end of the 2019-2020 school year can use the online registration system in the district's Parent Portal to enroll for the 2020-2021 school year.
How to Create an Ascender Parent Portal Account:
1. Go to the Ponder ISD website at www.ponderisd.net
2. Click on the Ascender Parent Portal link under “Quick Links” on the left
3. Click on the blue Create Account button
4. Complete the user information questions: “username” “password” “email address” “mobile phone number.” Then click next.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The parent’s email address entered must match the email address the school currently has on file to register a student online. Letters mailed home in June indicated the email address the school had on record. If this email doesn't match you must update our records before the registration button will appear allowing you proceed. To update the email address on file, complete the online form which is found at www.ponderisd.net/registration. Once your request is processed, you will be notified via email at the updated address.
5. Select a security question from the drop down menu and type in the security question answer. (This is case sensitive; you must re-enter this answer exactly the same later if retrieval of password is ever needed.) Then click Next.
6. Click Finish. You will receive an email containing a link which you must click on to verify your account. If a mobile number was entered, a text message with a verification code will be sent. Enter the code under the Contact Information heading of the My Account page to verify your mobile number.
7. On the My Account page under the Students heading, click Link an Enrolled Student to associate your child with your new account.
8. A pop-up will appear. Enter your student’s parent portal ID EXACTLY as it appears in the section below. (Please note there are NO zeros in any parent portal ID.) Enter your student’s birthdate as indicated.
9. If you have additional students enrolled in Ponder ISD, please repeat steps 7 and 8 for each student.
*The new Ascender Parent Portal should only be used by parents and guardians. Students will have access to a new Ascender Student Portal in the fall where they will be able view their own grades and much more.
*Know that due to our current situation of remote learning, there will be no assignment grades nor attendance entered for the 4th nine weeks grading period. Do not be alarmed.
*Although each guardian can create an Ascender Parent Portal account for access to attendance, grades, etc., only one guardian should complete the steps below to register a student for the upcoming school year.