Parent Involvement Compact
In order to achieve high standards of education we must develop and maintain a partnership between parents, students and school personnel. This compact promotes understanding and cooperation by clarifying mutual and separate responsibilities and expectations. We understand that a child's education will reach its potential only if all in the partnership agree and meet their responsibilities.
As a parent I will support my child's learning in the following ways:
- Recognize that I am my child's first and most important teacher.
- Ensure that my child attends school daily, is on time, and has needed materials.
- Read to and/or listen to my child read every night.
- Provide a home environment that establishes routine time for studying and completing homework, television viewing, game playing, chores, reading and bedtime.
- Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child's education by staying informed and communicating regulary with the school.
- Promote positive use of my child's extracurricular time.
- Serve, to the extent possible, on policy advisory groups, such as serving as a representative for: Campus Site-Base Committee, Advisory council representative for specific campus programs, the District-wide Site-Base Committee, or other school advisory or policy groups.