In 2009, I graduated from UNT with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Art Education, and earned my M.A. in Art Education from UNT in 2021.
I taught PK-2 art at Bridgeport Elementary for six years before transferring to the high school, where I spent the next six years.
I'm so proud to have joined the Ponder ISD family in 2021, and hope to spend many more years here developing amazing artists!
1st 7:50-8:35 Art 1
2nd 8:39-9:24 Sculpture
3rd 9:28-10:13 Yearbook
4th 10:45-11:30 Yearbook
5th 11:34-12:19 Lunch
6th 12:23-1:08 Art 1
7th 1:12-1:57 Advanced Art
8th 2:01-2:46 Conference
9th 2:50-3:35 Art 1
Through an art curriculum aimed at teaching students to self-direct their own learning, my students set goals for themselves and work toward those goals by practicing skills, researching, planning, and creating artworks that reflect their personal interests, ideas, and experiences. This process fosters a growth mindset, addresses the needs of every student, and provides them with the skills necessary to be successful in their educational career as well as their lives beyond the classroom.
Remind: text @PHSArtDen to 81010
Conference Period: 2:01-2:46
The items below are needed throughout the year. Please provide as many of these items as you are comfortable with. They will be added to the classroom supplies, used well, and greatly appreciated.
- Tape (Masking, Scotch, Packing, Duct)
- Black Sharpies (ultra fine-point)
- Colored Sharpies (any size)
- Ziploc bags (gallon and sandwich size)
- Colored Pencils (RoseArt or Crayola preferred)
- Glue Sticks (Elmer's preferred)
- White bottle glue
- Pencils (Ticonderoga preferred)
- Advanced art students will be provided with space to store their personal supplies. Please purchase quality materials for your child based on their preferred skills. For example, if your child enjoys using colored pencil, a set of Prismacolor colored pencils would be recommended. If they love to paint, they would benefit from having their own set of brushes.
In Art classes, I use a mastery-based grading method that allows and expects students to correct their mistakes and earn full credit for every assignment. For more details, see the document below.
Times and dates coming soon!