CLASS NEWS, 2016-2017Mr. Simmons met with the seniors on 4/21. Look below for some important information and dates:
- Friday, May 5th: 3 pictures are due for the slideshow that will be played during Baccalaureate (May 21st). The pictures can not have anyone else in it! They will not crop people out. Students can send the pictures in the envelope provided (they will be returned), email the picture to email@example.com (preferred method), or send a disk/USB in the envelope provided (they will be returned). Students need ONLY 3 Pictures:
2. In-between (5 to 10 year old)
3. Current Casual Picture (PHS has their formal picture)
- May 19th is senior breakfast, graduation practice, and skip day. Students must be at the school at 8 am. SIGNED PERMISSION SLIPS MUST BE RETURNED BY MAY 5th for students to be able to leave school early that day.
- ASAP: The counselor needs student scholarship information and where to send final transcripts. Please, email firstname.lastname@example.org with that information. There is a form posted online for final transcript information.
Upcoming dates to be sure are on your calendar!
- The senior final exams will be Friday, May 26th and Tuesday, May 30th.
April 21 - Senior Meeting to discuss and plan activities - 8:50AM PHS CafeMay 6 - Prom
May 9 – 7PM – PHS Awards Night – PHS CaféMay 19 - Senior Breakfast - PHS Café – 8AMBaccalaureate and Graduation PracticeEarly Release Form - Sign and returnMay 21 - Baccalaureate - PHS Gym 6:00PMMay 24 - Senior Luncheon at the PISD Admin Building - 12:00PMMay 31 - Mandatory PHS Graduation Practice - PHS Gym 9:00AM
Graduation - 8:00PM UNT Coliseum (Arrive by 7:00 - West Tunnel)UPDATE: Parent and Student signatures on the waiver will now agree to the following amendmentto the cell phone policy on Project Graduation.Students MAY bring and use their cell phones during Project Graduation.Students will be responsible and liable for the safety of their phones and for whatever they record or post on social media.The school, school employees and chaperones are freed from any and all liability and responsibility.FYI: Senior Panoramic PictureTuesday, April 18 around 12:40pmMore info to come.Graduation Video Pre-order Form(Orders can be made at graduation on the concourse level)Chili's Fundraiser, all week long,April 3-7, lunch and dinner!Customers must SHOW this flier forPHS Seniors to get the 20%.Spread the word!!
Please look at this Sign-Up sheet for Project Graduation and email Ms. Knitter yourNAME AND CELL PHONE NUMBER if you'd like to be added to the list.Want a Senior Ad in your yearbook?Go to the Ponder High School homepage for forms/info. Deadline 2/15/17We had a meeting on 1/16/17 at 2:30pm in Ms. Knitter's room.Thank you to the students who attended the meeting.Due to some school and city restrictions, we could not go with the original plan for an outdoor water field day concept.Students voted and made some final decisions about Project Graduation.Please look below for some important info.
- Project Graduation will be on Wednesday, May 31st after graduation.
- We will have a parent meeting Sunday, Jan 29 from 2-3pm in the PHS Library. We will need a lot of parent support to make this an awesome Project Graduation, look at the itinerary below to see when you might be able to help out. We will also need a "Gift Committee" to help with prizes/gifts. More info and sign-up at the meeting.
- If you have any questions, please email Ms. Knitter or Mrs. Beer
- Here is the itinerary for the Project Graduation evening:
**There are still chances to earn points by coming to meetings, helping with preparations for Project Graduations, soliciting businesses for gifts/prizes, etc. If you are curious about your number of points, please see Ms. Knitter.Click the link below to take a poll on PROJECT GRADUATION location and prizes!!Senior pictures will be taken on January 10th on campus for those whohaven't had pictures made for the yearbook and composite.**Jostens will be on campus October 7th to collect orders for graduation materials.Students are required to have a cap, gown, and tassel for graduation.
- 8-9pm, PHS Graduation Ceremony held at UNT
- 10:30pm, students arrive PHS cafeteria, check-in, get free gifts just for coming, and receive tickets for prizes (depending on number of **points you have). We will draw tickets for prizes, winners will be announced later in the evening at Main Event.
- 11pm, doors to PHS lock, no more entry after 11pm
- 11:15-12:15am, Professional Illusionist/Hypnotist show at PHS http://www.jonathanyeager.com/
- 12:30am, load buses and go to Main Event in Fort Worth
- 1-4am, Enjoy Main Event all to yourselves, pizza and drinks will be provided
- 4:30-5am, arrive at PHS by bus, gather prizes, breakfast will be provided, go home!!
- Sign up for REMIND 101 to get text messages on meetings and events:
- Send a text to: 81010
FYI: See the Senior Portraits information to the right!!Date: Aug 9-10, 2016Time: 9:30 am-4:45 pmLocation: PHS CafeteriaTo sign up: www.ultimateexposures.comSelect "Schedule a sitting" button, then click "Yearbook"
- Parent/Student Class Meeting: Sunday, August 28 from 2:30-4:00pm in the Ponder High School Library. We will discuss Fall Festival and Project Graduation.