Hello, my name is Mr. Lowe. I am the 7th Grade Math Teacher at Ponder Middle School.
- Remind Info : Remind code = 44c7ke
- Sign up for important updates from H. Lowe.
Pick a way to receive messages for 7th Grade Math 19/20
1) If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/44c7ke Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app. rmd.at/44c7ke Join 7th Grade Math 19/20 Full Name First and Last Name Phone Number or Email Address (555) 555-5555
2) If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @44c7ke to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @44c7ke to (248) 429-5905. * Standard text message rates apply. To 81010 Message @44c7ke
3) Don’t have a mobile phone? Go to rmd.at/44c7ke on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
Here is the Syllabus for the 2019-2020 school year:
Mr. Lowe’s 7th Grade Math Syllabus 2019-2020
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome back to school! I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful summer and are excited about being in 7th grade. I am happy to be back to school and hope you are ready for a great year. I look forward to getting to know each of you and seeing you grow throughout the year.
It is my goal as a teacher to create a positive learning environment that allows each student to reach their full potential. In order to reach these goals and for our classroom to run smoothly, there must be rules and procedures. Therefore, I have included a list of classroom rules and procedures for you to look over with your student. If you have any questions, please contact me. Once again, I would like to welcome you back to school and thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
I have very high expectations for all students in my classroom. I expect all students to come to class prepared each day ready to learn, and to be respectful of themselves and others in class. This means students should arrive on time, have all of their supplies, assignments should be completed, and students should be prepared for tests and quizzes. This also means that I expect students to come in for tutoring if they have questions or did not understand a concept we covered in class. If the students are not meeting these expectations, I will be talking with them individually and contacting home.
Students are expected to bring the following supplies each day to class
- Charged Chromebook
- Wide-ruled paper
- Math only spiral (Vocabulary/Notes)
- Pencils (I do not keep any extra lead in my classroom)
- One folder for my assignments only (Students will be required to keep up with graded papers in a Math only folder)
I want every student in class to succeed, and expect them to come in for help when they are not understanding or need clarification on a concept. Students may come in for tutorials any Monday thru Thursday during the last 20 minutes of our 5th period lunch.
25% - Tests
75% - Quizzes, Homework, and Daily Work
Homework will be due at the beginning of the class period the day after it is assigned. If work is not turned in on time, 10 points will be deducted from the assignment for each day the assignment is late up to three (3) days.
If a student is absent, they are responsible for picking up their missing work. If they have questions about the assignment, they can ask either a fellow student or me. They will have a period equivalent to the number of days missed plus one to complete all of their make-up work.
Our class has a class set of textbooks for math. The textbook will also be available to the students online at http://my.hrw.com/ . I have directions available on my website for accessing the online textbook, and I will be training the students at school on how to do this as well.
I am excited to get to know every student this year and I know we are going to have a great and successful year. Thank you and again, I appreciate your support.