Ponder ISD issues every student and staff member a Google Apps for Education account. This account will provides users access to the following services all within a web browser (as well as apps for iOS and Android devices)
- Gmail - Filtered Google email account
- Drive - An online space for creating and storing digital files along with the ability to collaborate with others on files.
- Sheets - Create spreadsheets
- Docs - Create word processing documents
- Slides - Create slide show presentations
- Drawings - Create image files
- Calendar - An online calendar where users can add their own events
Users will be able to access your Google Apps for Education account from anywhere in the world as long as they have Internet access. The most convenient way of accessing your account is on your school issued Chromebook; when you log in to your Chromebook you are automatically logged in to your GAFE account. Users will need to know their school email address and their current school network password to login. When you change your school password, your Google password will automatically be updated to the same password. However, students in grades 6-12 will NOT be able to login to their Google account until they have changed their school password from their original, default password (which was distributed to them at the beginning of the school year) using a school computer.